About O'Callaghan's Hostel
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF STAYING.
- Guests must be between 18 to 30 years of age.
- Check in between 11am and 10pm ONLY. We can take your bags from 9am, ONLY if you arrange to do so beforehand. If you arrive AFTER 10pm you will not be admitted into the building.
- We accept cash only and require a valid passport as ID when checking in.
- We are a backpackers hostel not a hotel. Please do not book with us if you are looking for a hotel.
At O?Callaghan?s we like people to feel at home, so we are set up not as a traditional hostel but like a big, friendly-shared house and we must be doing it right as we?ve been here for over 70 years! We mainly specialize in Australian, New Zealand and South African backpackers and we are an ideal platform if you?re coming to London looking for work and eventually settling in to a place of your own.
We?re not the Ritz but we?re clean, friendly and safe and will even throw in a beer when you check in.
When the weather gets warmer, we have a great garden, which has BBQ facilities, and often offer free barbies and regular garden parties.
We are seconds away from many pubs, clubs, supermarkets, restaurants and minutes from museums, parks and galleries. Buses can be caught directly outside and the tube is thirty seconds walk from our front door.
Included in the price is:
- Free breakfast: Toast, cereal, croissants, loads of preserves (including Vegemite), juice and fresh coffee.
- Free WI-FI.
- Free use of lockers.
- Free beer or spirit with check in.
- Free use of the Kitchen.
- Free tea, coffee, Milo and soup all day.
- Free barbecues (in the summer).
- Free mobile Sim Card when booking for two weeks or more.
- Free city tours (subject to availability).
- Satellite TV.
- Free bed linen.
- Free tourist information.
- Free use of safe.
- Cheap international calls.
- Common room.
- Advice on getting jobs, taxes and things to do and see in the city.
- No Curfew.
- Use of Garden and barbecue area.
- Tours/Travel Desk
- 24 hour hot showers
- Safety deposit
- Lockers in dorms
- Self-catering facilities
- Lounge area
- No curfew
- Breakfast included
- Linen provided
- Luggage storage provided
Directions to O'Callaghan's Hostel
We are very easy to find. Exit Earls Court Road station from the Earls Court Road exit, cross over the pedestrian crossing, turn right, walk for about 30 seconds and we are the yellow door just after Subways (the building with the flags).
To reach us from Heathrow simply get the Piccadilly line from any Heathrow terminal and take the train all the way to Earls Court station (about 40 minutes).
From Gatwick take the Gatwick Express (about half an hour?s ride) to Victoria station and get the District line train to Earls Court (about 5-10 minutes).
Take the Stansted Express to Tottenham Hale (about thirty minutes) and get the Victoria line to Finsbury Park (about 10 minutes). From there take the Piccadilly line to Earls Court (about a 25 minute journey).